[oshug] Fwd: draft of open hardware definition released!

Andrew Back andrew at osmosoft.com
Thu Jul 15 13:50:33 UTC 2010

Forwarded at the request of Ayah:

From: ayah bdeir <ayahbdeir at gmail.com>
Date: July 15, 2010 12:03:21 PM GMT+03:00
To: Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com>, Open Manufacturing
<openmanufacturing at googlegroups.com>, cc-patents at lists.ibiblio.org,
diybio <diybio at googlegroups.com>, Open Source Hardware User Group
<oshug at oshug.org>
Subject: draft of open hardware definition released!

Hello all,
I've had a discussion about this with a few of you already, but
thought would be much better to email the lists. Yesterday, a group of
us, who had been working on an open hardware definition, released
version 0.3 for public comment.

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/07/open_source_hardware_-_oshw_draft_d.html

We would love your feedback, questions, and signatures! It's very
important for this effort to be inclusive. We are also holding an open
hardware summit:
http://www.openhardwaresummit.org on September 23rd in New York. I
will send an official call for submissions later this week, but in the
meantime, please do consider attending, submitting or supporting.
thanks!
ayah

ayah bdeir - www.ayahbdeir.com
MS. MIT Media Lab - www.media.mit.edu