[oshug] 10A rated 5.5mm / 2.5mm DC barrel connector?

Ken Boak ken.boak at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 10:48:04 UTC 2014

Hi Andrew,

I had a quick search and agree that 5A is about the maximum specified
rating.

http://www.rapidonline.com/pdf/735792_da_en_01.pdf

It will probably be a result of contact area - especially the outer contact
that wipes the barrel, contact material and flammability rating of any
plastic parts.

I guess these were designed for low power and low manufacturing cost - and
anything that uses 12V at >5A is barely considered low power these days.

Ken