[oshug] OSHUG #31 - 20th Feb.

Chris Swan chris.swan at iee.org
Mon Jan 6 10:18:12 UTC 2014

How about this?

Title: Security protocols in constrained environments

Abstract: implementation of security protocols such as TLS, SSH or IPsec
come with a memory and compute overhead. Whilst this has become negligible
in full scale environments it's still a real issue for hobbyist and
embedded developers. This presentation will look at the sources of the
overheads, what can be done to minimise them, and what sort of hardware
platforms can be made to absorb them. The benefits and potential pitfalls
of hardware specific implementations will also be examined.

Bio: Chris Swan is CTO at CohesiveFT where he helps build secure cloud
based networks. He's previously been a security guy at large Swiss banks,
and before that was a Weapon Engineering Officer in the Royal Navy. Chris
has tinkered with electronics since pre school, and these days has a desk
littered with various dev boards and projects.

--
Chris