[oshug] Fixing a date for OSHCamp 2014.

Andrew Back arback at computer.org
Thu Jan 23 10:14:44 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Last year's OSHCamp was something of an experiment — hosting it as
part of Wuthering Bytes — and based on how the event went overall and
feedback, we've decided to do something a bit different this year.

The idea is that OSHCamp will still be hosted as part of Wuthering
Bytes, but that the latter will become more of a festival comprised of
a series of events:

* OSHCamp will have the Waterfront Hall to itself on the Saturday (10x
talks) and Sunday (workshops).

* On the Friday there will be a day of talks in the Waterfront Hall on
a much broader range of topics (think of the non-OSHUG and crossover
talks from WB 2013), with accompanying workshops upstairs in The Space
on the Saturday.

* Main social event Friday evening.

* A number of smaller/fringe events in the week leading up.

The dates we are looking at are:

August 15/16/17
September 19/20/21

And ideally we need to decide on August or September ASAP.

So, any preferences? Improved chances of better weather in August, but
obviously a lot of people go away on holiday. Which may not be a bad
thing, if you want to take a break in Hebden Bridge :o)

Best,

Andrew