[oshug] Call for Makers - Makers Area 2014 at Sandown Park

marc barto marc.barto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 22:04:27 UTC 2014

Hi all

I thought this might interest some of you in the OSHUG community as we had
lots of electronics exhibits last year, from Arduino/Rpis based projects to
custom boards.

Happy to discuss details if interested, all info below.

cheers

Marc
@marc_in_london <https://twitter.com/marc_in_london>
------

*Call for Makers - Makers Area 2014 at Sandown Park*

The Makers Area is back at the Model Engineer Exhibition. Our first edition
was a a great success with over 2,000 people attending the 3 day long event
to discover amazing DIY creations by the 30 makers taking part. If you want
to see what happened last year, have a peek at our photo gallery!
<https://www.flickr.com/groups/2401543@N25/>

*About me*

I run various Makers and open hardware groups in London (London Arduino,
Not Just Arduino) and also co-organise the Mini Maker Faire in London.

*Makers Area at MEX*

This event involves hundreds of stands with the whole community of
modellers, tinkerers, hobbyists (there is a locomotive coming from
Australia...) and some of the best engineers in the UK.

We will have a large dedicated area for 3D
Scanning/Printing/Craft/Coding/Electronics (and more).

*When / where?*

This will take place on *12-**14 December in Esher, Surrey (25min outside
London) *here is the link:

http://www.modelengineershow.co.uk/makersshow

If you want to see what happened last year, have a peek at our photo
gallery! <https://www.flickr.com/groups/2401543@N25/>

Any question get in touch!