[oshug] OSHUG #44 — Security, Thursday 21st January.

Andrew Back arback at computer.org
Tue Jan 12 09:51:14 UTC 2016

We will now have a 3rd talk at next week's meeting, on blockchain:

— Trustless Computing: Running a World Computer on Consensus Platform Technology

The Internet was an amazing invention - a decentralized communication
infrastructure that has revolutionized society. However, the
revolution is not over yet: with the invention of cryptographically
secured blockchains we now have a decentralized computing and
record-keeping platform on which we can use the internet in the spirit
that has been long imagined. In this talk we will have a look at
Ethereum as the most advanced consensus platform to date, what it can
do for us, and how, as it is improved as a concept, it will help us
run better societies.

Dr. Aeron Buchanan received his doctorate from the Robotics department
of Oxford University in the field of Computer Vision, after working as
a algorithm designer for the special effects industry and reading
Engineering and Computer Science for his undergraduate degree. He has
since designed algorithms for UAVs, started tech companies building
light-show controllers and blockchain technology, plus acted as a
consultant to economics professors and ecological research
laboratories. He is currently the CTO of his latest new venture:
EthCore, a company aiming to continue the advancements in consensus
platform technology and more readily bring the benefits to society and
the economy.

--
Andrew Back FRSA MIEEE
http://carrierdetect.com