[oshug] BCS OSSG/OSHUG meeting, 6pm 20 Oct. The future of open source

Jeremy Bennett jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Thu Oct 6 19:24:22 UTC 2016

Our new season starts with four talks on Thursday 20 October.

We'll be hearing from the three winners of the BCS OSSG student competion.
- Dan Gorringe on the AAP FPGA implementation and his new supercomputer
- Chelsea Back on her open source Light Theremin
- Luke A Roberts on visualizing algorithms

Dan has promised to bring his supercomputer with him!

The evening will round off with a talk by Ken Boak & Alan Wood on the
MyStorm project, an ultra low cost (£20) FPGA board. We'll be running a
full day workshop to allow you to get your hands on the first of these
boards on 1 December. This project is particularly dear to our hearts,
because it arose from discussion in the pub following our May meeting.
Hear how they went from pub discussion to production in 100 days.

The meeting will be preceded by our AGM, to select the new BCS OSSG
committee. More volunteers are welcome and you don't have to be a BCS
member!

Full details of all the talks here:

http://ossg.bcs.org/blog/2016/10/06/the-future-of-open-source-silicon-chip-design-for-the-masses-musical-instruments-and-algorithms-as-pictures-london-20102016/

And free registration here:

http://www.bcs.org/content/conEvent/10589

I look forward to seeing you there.

Best wishes,

Jeremy

--
Tel:     +44 (1590) 610184
Cell:    +44 (7970) 676050
Email:   jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Web:     www.embecosm.com
PGP key: 1024D/BEF58172FB4754E1 2009-03-20