[oshug] BCS OSSG/OSHUG meeting, 6pm 20 Oct. The future of open source

Alan Wood folknology at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 22:23:02 UTC 2016

Just a minor correction myStorm boards are targeted at $30 US not sure
exactly what that translates to in UK pounds exactly but significantly more
than £20. Using google with todays exchange rate and adding VAT it would be
nearerer £29.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Jeremy Bennett <jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com>
wrote:

> Our new season starts with four talks on Thursday 20 October.
>
> We'll be hearing from the three winners of the BCS OSSG student competion.
> - Dan Gorringe on the AAP FPGA implementation and his new supercomputer
> - Chelsea Back on her open source Light Theremin
> - Luke A Roberts on visualizing algorithms
>
> Dan has promised to bring his supercomputer with him!
>
> The evening will round off with a talk by Ken Boak & Alan Wood on the
> MyStorm project, an ultra low cost (£20) FPGA board. We'll be running a
> full day workshop to allow you to get your hands on the first of these
> boards on 1 December. This project is particularly dear to our hearts,
> because it arose from discussion in the pub following our May meeting.
> Hear how they went from pub discussion to production in 100 days.
>
> The meeting will be preceded by our AGM, to select the new BCS OSSG
> committee. More volunteers are welcome and you don't have to be a BCS
> member!
>
> Full details of all the talks here:
>
> http://ossg.bcs.org/blog/2016/10/06/the-future-of-open-
> source-silicon-chip-design-for-the-masses-musical-
> instruments-and-algorithms-as-pictures-london-20102016/
>
> And free registration here:
>
> http://www.bcs.org/content/conEvent/10589
>
> I look forward to seeing you there.
>
> Best wishes,
>

> Jeremy
>
> --
> Tel:     +44 (1590) 610184
> Cell:    +44 (7970) 676050
> SkypeID: jeremybennett
> Twitter: @jeremypbennett
> Email:   jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
> Web:     www.embecosm.com
> PGP key: 1024D/BEF58172FB4754E1 2009-03-20

regards
Al