[oshug] ORCONF 2016 update

Julius Baxter juliusbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:04:03 UTC 2016

Hi all,

This is a brief email giving an update on ORCONF 2016.

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who has registered to attend
ORCONF 2016 so far and particularly to those who have submitted
presentation proposals. We've got another great line up of talks and
demos this year. See the ORCONF site for all of the abstracts and
presenter bios: http://orconf.org/#presentations

It's now a little over a month to this year's ORCONF in Italy. We're
beginning to finalise arrangements for the weekend and would like to
ask that anyone who is intending on coming to please register as soon
as possible so we have an accurate indication of numbers:

http://goo.gl/forms/u6V54ay8P4i3wtXG2

If you're planning to present and haven't submitted a proposal, we'd
ask that you prepare and submit your abstract by the middle of
September, so within the next 10 days or so. We will try to
accommodate those who submit later than that, but we'd like to
finalise the presentation schedule at least a couple of weeks in
advance, so talk slot preferences might not be able to be met. The
submission form is here:

http://goo.gl/forms/Nah5LH7cJWK1uQ6L2

We'd like to thank the generous sponsors who have offered to help
cover the costs of this year's event:

http://orconf.org/#sponsors

As mentioned, we're yet to finalise the schedule but will be doing so
over the coming fortnight and we will make another announcement when
that is posted. We're also still researching options for the group
dinner on Saturday and will be in touch with those have have expressed
interest when we have that arranged.

Feel free to contact us at orconf at fossi-foundation.org if you have any
questions or queries about the event or logistics in Bologna. As
usual, the conference site will have all of the latest information:
http://orconf.org

We're looking forward to another great event and a couple of glasses
of wine with you all in Bologna very soon!

Cheers,

The ORCONF team