[oshug] VDSL2 / ADSL2+ Annex M modem recommendations

Michael Dorrington michael.dorrington at member.fsf.org
Wed Sep 14 20:40:28 UTC 2016

On 14/09/16 21:17, J. R. Haigh wrote:
> if there's an OSH VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem that can show diagnostics then I'd gladly get 3 of them!
> .	Otherwise, please advise me on recommendations of the freeëst such modem(s) available.

I would like to have that too.

Sadly, as far as I know, the most free solution is to have a non-free
router/modem in bridged mode for the DSL and then do PPPoE and upwards
on your free software and free hardware router.

A related question was asked on the Debian-uk list recently:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-uk/2016-August/000392.html

which included a link back to this older post:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-uk/2013-August/000202.html

M.

--
FSF member #9429