[oshug] Open Source Hardware Camp 2017 (2nd & 3rd Sept) Call for Participation.
andrew at abopen.com
Tue Feb 7 20:48:24 UTC 2017
This year Open Source Hardware Camp will take place over the weekend
of Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd September, hosted as part of the Wuthering
Bytes festival in Hebden Bridge, which in 2017 will take place over the
course of 10 days (again!)
We will be returning to the Birchcliffe Centre in Hebden Bridge, which
benefits from the convenience of adjoining, budget accommodation.
Proposals for talks and workshops for OSHCamp 2017 are invited!
There is no theme and topics may include, for example:
* Open source hardware projects
* Open development practices and principles
* Novel/interesting/fun projects built using open source hardware
* Tools (hardware and software)
* Skills and techniques, e.g. PCB fab, DIY SMT assembly
* Relevant technologies, e.g. SPI/I2C bus programming
* ...something else relevant to the community
If you would like to give a talk on the Saturday and/or run a workshop
on the Sunday please contact me off-list.
**** Note that the deadline for submitting titles and abstracts is
Monday 1st May. If you would like to discuss ideas etc. please get in
touch sooner, rather than later. ****
Other events running as part of Wuthering Bytes 2017 and which may be of
* Fri 1st: Wuthering Bytes Festival Day
* Wed 6th & Thurs 7th: Chip Hack (http://chiphack.org/)
* Thurs 7th PM & Fri 8th AM: EDSAC Challenge
* Fri 8th AM - Sunday 10th PM: GNU ORConf (http://orconf.org/)
Further details on these events to be provided in due course.
PS. If you are planning on coming along and thinking of staying at the
adjoining hosted, it is worth noting that this can book up quickly.
PPS. Super Early Bird tickets for the super organised:
(pretty sure Eventbrite don't take payment until after the event).
More information about the oshug